Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bazza Is Rescued!

Hi all,

Bazza here. I heard a rumour going around that I was lost... That's just crazy talk! Me, lost? I think my producers have lost their minds. Clearly I was enjoying nature so much I decided to spend an extra week out there. My cameraman didn't like it so much. He'll be okay once he's out of the intensive care unit. I guess he wasn't used to eating snail-trails and animal turds as much as I am. And he didn't really ration his own supply of beef jerky too well. But hey, I'm not a babysitter. I offered him some of my urine/sweat/blood/fecal mix but he refused, and look where it put him!



The producers followed my photos hidden so well on photobucket (thanks to advice given by Bryan from the UK) and began searching the beaches closest to where they dropped me, in the bushland along the Great Australian Bight. They expected me to head North into the desert to the pickup point. I scoffed at that and headed the opposite way hoping to end up in the raging ocean where I could tame a whale and use it to ride home (I've done it plenty of times before). I certainly wasn't expecting the Navy and Army boys to drop in on me like they did!

We had some great adventures, just ask my cinematographer Benny, once he wakes up. Oh and when he does come out of his coma, that bite mark on his leg is from a rabbit. It just happened to have the same tooth pattern as mine.

I haven't slept in a few days so I'll tell you all about my adventure soon once I've had my required 45 minutes rest. The stories I have to tell you from my escapade are pretty amazing. You pretty much wouldn't want to miss it. I can't believe we survived to be honest. Good thing I've got insane surviving skills I guess.

In the meantime though I'll post up some excellent pictures of the journey. And I'll go jump on Benny to wake him up and make him cut together that footage for you kids to enjoy.

Speak to you soon,


Bazza Longshlong